At Schnitzer, integrity is a core value of every relationship. We treat employees, customers, partners, suppliers, investors and the public with respect, fairness and integrity and we expect the same in return. Our employees are instructed to act ethically in all business dealings. We make clear this is not something that should be done sometimes, or often but ALWAYS.
As one of our company's guiding principles, integrity means:
- Doing the right thing for the right reasons.
- Honoring and fulfilling our commitments and agreements as responsible citizens and employees.
- Doing the right thing even when it may be more convenient or advantageous to take another approach.
- Being honest, straightforward and transparent in our communications at all times – what you see is what you get.
- Doing what we say we are going to do.
- Only working with honest companies who are equally dedicated to doing business in an ethical manner.
- When mistakes are made, acknowledging them, learning from them and not repeating them.
- Never compromising our values.
We have adopted a Code of Conduct reflecting our values and expectations of integrity which all employees, officers and directors observe. Our sense of responsibility extends to leadership in protecting the environment and being good citizens in the communities where we are located.
Schnitzer's Executive Team maintains open lines of communication among employees and the Board of Directors to engage in continuous improvement throughout our organization.
Return to Values page