Visiting Our Locations
Here are some important details to know before you visit one of our Schnitzer metals recycling facilities.
We value safety and operate our facilities with strict protocols to ensure the safety of our customers and employees. Due to the large equipment and high volume of activity, the operations in a scrap yard involve risks of bodily injury or property damage. By entering one of our locations, you are agreeing to assume any and all risks you may encounter. We are not responsible for injury to you or damage to your vehicle while on our premises. If you observe a condition at one of our locations which you believe is dangerous, please alert management immediately.
When visiting our metals recycling facilities, please remember the following safety policies:
- Children under 18 should remain in vehicles at all times
- No smoking
- Heavy equipment is in use; stay in customer areas at all times
- Always leave at least 10 feet between vehicles
- Follow posted speed limits
- All occupants need to be out of vehicles that are being unloaded by machinery
- Wear closed toe shoes
- Wear gloves when handling scrap metal
What We Buy
Please see our What We Buy page for a detailed list of the items we buy and those we don't buy.
How We Pay
Schnitzer's metals recycling facilities pay competitive prices for your scrap metal. Depending on the volume and type of metal and the laws applicable to the location, Schnitzer will pay by cash or check. Contact your local Schnitzer facility for more information.
Metal Theft Policy
We do not accept scrap metal that we cannot confirm as legitimate. Metal theft is a growing concern in many of our markets and it impacts all of us. At Schnitzer, metal theft prevention is part of our business, including:
- Training our employees to know what to look for
- Inspecting loads carefully
- Documenting all transactions
- Getting to know our customers
- Cooperating with local law enforcement
When visiting our metals recycling facilities, please ensure that you have the appropriate ownership documentation for the metal that you are selling. Metal documentation policies vary by location based on state law. Please contact your local Schnitzer facility for more information.
Return to Sell To Us page