Schnitzer Steel's wide range of products includes the following:
- Processed Scrap Metal. Our metals recycling facilities process and broker scrap metal and sell it to domestic and foreign steel mills and foundries.
- Unprocessed Scrap Metal. Once all the useful parts and recyclable nonferrous materials are removed from a vehicle at one of our auto parts stores, the remaining auto body is crushed and sold as ferrous scrap metal.
- Recycled Auto Parts. Our auto parts stores sell recycled auto parts for a wide range of foreign and domestic vehicles at incredible prices.
- Salvaged Vehicles. Some of the vehicles received by our auto parts facilities are set aside for "rebuilders" to purchase and repair. These inexpensive salvaged vehicles often make good project cars and offer cheap transportation for our skilled customers.
- Steel Products. Our state-of-the-art electric arc furnace mini-mill produces a wide range of finished steel products such as reinforcing bar (rebar), coiled reinforcing bar, wire rod, merchant bar as well as other specialty products.
- Surplus Equipment. Many of our facilities sell a wide range of surplus equipment such as forklifts, loaders, trucks, trailers, shredder parts and much more.
- Shreddervision. Our innovative infrared camera system helps operators of scrap metal shredders see through the smoke, fog, steam and darkness that usually prevail in shredding environments.
Schnitzer Steel's diverse set of services offered include the following:
- Scrap Metal Processing. Our metals recycling facilities process scrap metal by sorting, shearing, shredding, torching and baling and sell the processed materials to domestic and foreign steel mills.
- Scrap Management Programs. Our full-service customized solutions help our customers dispose of and maximize the value of their scrap metal.
- Vehicle Recycling. Our auto parts stores recycle vehicles purchased from various sources. Most of the vehicles are dismantled and their parts sold as used auto parts or used in remanufactured parts. Other vehicles are sold as salvaged vehicles.
- Intermodal Cargo Services. Our Portland, OR deep water terminal offers many break-bulk and bulk cargo services such as unloading oceangoing ships and transferring their cargoes to inland barge, rail and highway.
- Ship Berthing Services. Our Portland, OR deep water terminal offers short and long-term berthing of ships, barges and other floating marine equipment.
- Demolition and Environmental / Site Clean-Up. Our Richmond, CA metals recycling joint venture is an expert in the demolition / dismantling and environmental clean-up of factories and other facilities.
Return to Company page