Heavy Duty Mechanic Full Time (40 Hour)
We are currently recruiting for a Field Mechanic for the Alberta Region. The Field Mechanic will be responsible for the maintenance, repair, diagnosis of mobile equipment (Scrap Metal Handlers, cranes and trucks) including electrical systems. The successful candidate will be involved in disassembling and reassembling components such as engine, cooling system, fuel and exhaust systems and ordering the necessary materials and parts that will be required to complete repairs.
We are looking for a Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic with experience in a heavy industrial environment.
Welding experience and current CVI would be an asset.
In this role, your main responsibilities will include:
• Supports company environmental, health, safety, security practices and policies
• Testing equipment for proper performance and ensuring that all work done meets manufacturers'
specifications and legislated regulations
• Diagnosing various equipment faults or malfunctions
• Keeping equipment cleaned, lubricated and maintained
• Interpreting work orders and technical manuals
• Writing service reports
• Ordering parts for maintenance and repairs
The particulars regarding the position are below:
• $38/hour in St Albert
• Out of town (overnight stay required) includes $4 per hour premium plus $60 per diem.
• In Fort Mac apartment accommodation is provided.
• Work will consist of mostly field repairs out of a shop truck at various locations
Also willing to consider Mobile Journeyman HD mechanic on a contractual basis.