Working at Schnitzer is more than a job – it’s a career. A large part of our success depends on developing and retaining employees that excel in their respective areas. To attain this goal, we offer our employees many tools and opportunities for career development. Although the list varies by location and job type, common components include:
- Annual performance evaluations and written goals from your supervisor or manager.
- On-the-job training including learning business and operational processes and state-of-the-art technology (from metals recycling shredders to steel mill operations to information technology).
- Leadership training programs.
- Professional training and certification programs (and once you’re certified, we’ll encourage and support your efforts to stay certified).
- Professional organizations – we encourage our employees to participate as it helps grow their knowledge which in turn benefits the company.
- Tuition assistance program.
And of course, as a solid growing company, there are always numerous opportunities for internal transfers and promotions. So join Schnitzer and grow with us!
View Current Job Openings
Return to Careers page